EXERCISE 24 A
1. Find the perimeter of a square whose one side is of length
(i) 6 cm
(ii) 16 mm
(iii) 1.8 m
(iv) 2.7 m
(v) 14 cm
2. Find the perimeter of a rectangle whose length and breadth are
(i) 8 cm , 5 cm
(ii) 20 cm , 25 cm
(iii) 4 cm , 3.5 cm
(iv) 40 cm , 0.3 m
(v) 8 cm , 70 mm
3. Find the side of the square whose perimeter is
(i) 20 cm
(ii) 48 cm
(iii) 0.36 m
(iv) 9.2 m
(v) 136 cm
4. (i) Find the breadth of the rectangle whose perimeter is 160 cm and 16 cm length is
(ii) Find the length of a rectangle whose perimeter is 110 cm and breadth is 15 cm.
5. Find the perimeter of a triangle whose sides are
(i) 4 cm , 6 cm , 8 cm
(ii) 23 cm , 19 cm , 16 cm
(iii) 48 cm , 25 cm , 16 cm
6. Find the distance covered by a cycle moving along the boundary of a trianglular park whose dimensions are 107 m 54 cm, 141 m 42 cm , 123 m 88 cm in making one complete round.
7. Teena runs around a square field of side 60 m four times. What distance does she cover? Neeta runs twice a rectangular field with length 180 m and breadth 110 m. What distance does she cover? Who covers more distance and by how much?
8. Find the cost of fencing a square park of side 280 m at the rate of 60 rupees per metre.
9. Find the cost of fencing a rectangle field of length 320 m and breadth 280 m at the rate of 32.50 rupees per meter .
10. The lid of a rectangular box of sides 40 cm by 10 cm is sealed all round with tape such that there is an overlapping of 5 cm of the tape. What is the length of the tape used?
11.Each side of a square handkerchief is 16 cm. Find the cost of a lace needed to be put around the handkerchief if it cost 125 rupees per meter .
12. The length and breadth of a rectangle field is in ratio of 6 : 5 . If its perimeter is 880 m , find its dimensions .